This stupid wrench icon was driving me crazy! I finally figured out how to get rid of it...after DAYS of trying this-and-that! I thought you might appreciate a little time-saving information, so, here you go! I hope it helps.
- Go to Template and click Edit HTML, then click Proceed.
- Back up your template
- Click on Expand Widget Templates
- Click Control-f key (for find) anywhere inside the template and a search box will open above the template.
- Type </b:template-skin> in the search box. This will highlight </b:template-skin> within the code
just above the</b:template-skin> tag
- DO NOT HIT SAVE YET!
- Click Preview and check your blog. The wrench icon should be gone.
- If so, click Save.
- If it is not, just hit Clear Edits , then Close.