Friday, July 20, 2012

How to get rid of that annoying wrench icon on the side of your widgets



This stupid wrench icon was driving me crazy! I finally figured out how to get rid of it...after DAYS of trying this-and-that! I thought you might appreciate a little time-saving information, so, here you go! I hope it helps.

  1. Go to Template and click Edit HTML, then click  Proceed.
  2. Back up your template
  3. Click on Expand Widget Templates
  4. Click Control-f  key (for find)  anywhere inside the template and a search box will open above the template.
  5. Type </b:template-skin> in the search box. This will highlight  
  6. </b:template-skin> within the code
  7. Type .quickedit{display:none;} just above the </b:template-skin> tag
  8. DO NOT HIT SAVE YET!
  9. Click Preview and check your blog.  The wrench icon should be gone.
  10. If so, click Save.
  11. If it is not, just hit Clear Edits , then Close.

Thank you so much for your comment at Scarlett Rains Sisters of the Hearts Blog. Every comment is read and appreciated.
Don't forget to subscribe either by RSS feed 
or by email . Hope to see you again soon!

2 comments:

Folks who are kind enough to nominate me for blog awards and such, thank you so much, but...please, don't. I barely have time to comb my hair. :)


Blessings,
Scarlett